March 7th, 2009 (05:55 pm)
current mood: tired
Tina Arena was AWESOME! I was in the 2nd row, and it was on at the State Theatre in Market St. which is probably the most gorgeous building I've ever visited!
Did I mention the 2nd row seat??
She mostly did stuff off her new album (Songs of Love & Loss 2), which didn't matter as she has the most amazing voice. She kept dancing all crazy-funky on stage which was cool too.
- "To Sir With Love" before interval
- "I Want to know what love is" with her guest, Kain somebody
- "Baby it's you"
- THE SILVER DRESS. OMFG. IF IT HAD BEEN IN THE PROGRAM I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT. HOLY SHIT HOTTEST THING EVER! It reminded me a bit of what Renee Zellweger wears in "Roxie" - but it was strapless with all this silver-beaded fringe and leaf-shaped mirrors hanging of it so it tinkled when Tina shimmied and just looked AMAZING.
- Tina sang "Maybe this time" from "Cabaret" - she played Sally Bowles for 3 months at the state theatre a few years ago and it shows! I only wish I could have seen the production!
- The encore - in the silver dress - "Call Me" by Blondie. It really took the roof off! HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Um, now the reason I meant to post in the first place 2 dreams about S. which is odd as I don't usually dream about him.
Thursday night: I met a girl he was going to take to some event and she seemed really nice and I tried to be supportive and happy for him, but somehow he found out I liked him and then dumped the other girl for me, and I felt bad because she seemed really nice. And then there was...other things
Friday night: I dreamed there was a whole bunch of complex events but it ended with me discovering that S. hadn't realized I was into him and so in the dream I went up and asked him out and he said yes and it was a really fab feeling (I think that's my subconscious needing to practice so the real thing doesn't seem so scary)
I had a lot of trouble sleeping on Thursday, and ended up discovering the hotel cable. I watched The Women (1939) and have decided Norma Shearer (Mary Haines) is one of my new vintage style icons!!
I also bought a bunch of books and a couple of t-shirts, and had the most divine lunch on Friday.
The Jewish Museum was great, the building is amazing, the guide wasn't very good though - but then I'm pretty well read and I really enjoyed the exhibitions on Jewish history and custom. Also, some of the Jewish convict history is quite fascinating. The memorials are very fitting, peaceful places. Apparently it's the only Holocaust museum in the world which was established by survivors, so that's pretty special.
It took me a bit of time to get in the mood of the concert last night, and once I did I realized it was because I didn't want to be sitting and watching, I wanted to be up on stage belting the songs out myself! I guess Tina's lyrics and expression touch me on a deep level where I identify with them so deeply and just want to express them with the same passion she does.
Musical theatre, here i come?